
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility during January's anti-government protests. The men were among four facing execution in a crackdown on unrest.
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility and access an armory during unrest in January, the Mizan news outlet of its judiciary said on Sunday.
The men, identified as Mohammadamin Biglari and Shahin Vahedparast, were among a group of four in the same case who faced execution, according to rights group Amnesty International.
Iran's Supreme Court upheld the sentences for the two defendants who were among "rioters who sought to commit mass murder" by trying to steal weapons and military equipment, the outlet added.
First execution in the case
Last week, Iran executed 18-year-old Amirhossein Hatami, convicted in the same case stemming from nationwide anti-government protests repressed by the Islamic Republic in the biggest crackdown in its history.
In a recent report, Amnesty said 11 men faced a risk of imminent execution for participation in the protests.
They were "subjected to torture and other ill-treatment in detention," before conviction in "grossly unfair trials that relied on forced confessions," it added.
EU delays signing of Mercosur free trade deal
Roman around the Christmas tree | Space photo of the day for Dec. 25, 2025
False fuel prices in fabricated graphics circulate in Malaysia as Iran war continues
New hybrid mpox strain discovered in UK after US reports local spread
Gaza amputees struggle to rebuild lives as the enclave faces shortages of prosthetic limbs
NAFFIC and Aware to Launch First China-Europe Digital Product Passport
High-Suggested Broilers For Your Homes
Find the Effect of Web-based Entertainment on Psychological wellness: Exploring the Advanced Scene Securely
From Overpowered to Coordinated: Individual Accounts of Cleaning up













